Web personas and customer profiling of online behaviour
It is important to understand the profile of your website’s target audience to maximise its effectiveness as a communications and sales tool.
Your target audience is a way of defining the group of people that buy your products and services via your website. By grouping your customers by similar characteristics and needs you can manage your website more effectively.
The more specific you can be about your target audiences and markets the more effective your website will be:
- Creation of relevant and engaging content
- Stronger messaging and calls to action
- Build better and more meaningful relationships with customers
- More likely to attract new customers who will care about products and services
The benefits of more targeted and relevant website content are quality rather than quantity of traffic, increased conversions and increased return on investment.
Customer profiling builds a picture of your target audiences
In order to profile your customers you need to gather all the data you have from various sources including your accounts, transactions, customer feedback, marketing newsletter sign up, web analytics and social media analytics.
- Demographic – who are they and where are they?
- Behavioural – what have they purchased from you, via what channel, how often and how much do they spend?
- Attitudinal – what are their values and motivations?
- Webographic – how do they use your website?
The ability to group your customers into segments is dependent on the state and availability of data on your customers and their behaviour.
Web personas complete the picture of your target audiences
A web persona is summary of the characteristics, needs, motivations and environment of a key type of website user. They enable you to fill the gaps in your existing data and provides attitudinal and webographic data to enhance your customers profiles.
We will work with your to create a simple questionnaire for your staff to complete with your customers in mind based on their experience and knowledge. We would also look to interpret the data collected from this process to identify groups of customers with similar profiles which then in turn will become your web personas.
Using web personas to improve the relevance of your customer communication
- Design the best user experience for your website customers and ensure content is relevant and functionality helpful
- Ensure the content of your email newsletter is of interest for each web persona group
- Ensure you are using the right social media platforms to communicate with your web personas.
- Identify the best prospects when you receive a sales enquiry.
Profiling your customers and defining your web personas in this way can give your team an invaluable insight when it comes to targetting online user experience and segmenting key marketing messages. Developing your understanding of your customers will inevitably improve the your marketing effectiveness and ultimately your return on marketing investment.
Learn more about our work in this area by calling 01787 388038 to speak with a senior member of our team, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Developing web personas ensures that websites are customer-centric”
Hannah Marshallsay Client Lead
Call 01787 388038
to speak with a senior member of our team to discuss your requirements.
Alternatively, simply fill out our enquiry form for a priority response.Make an Enquiry