WordPress Our Content Management System (CMS)
All websites that we build include a content management system (CMS) as standard. This enables our clients to take control of their own websites and blogs, contributing to the regular updating of content without additional charges. Our preferred platform is WordPress which is the worlds most popular blogging and content management system (CMS). Some of the reasons that WordPress is our platform of choice are:
- WordPress readily lends itself to search engine optimisation (SEO)
- It is an open source platform (beware of becoming tied into a proprietary CMS platform)
- It provides a solid foundation for bespoke development satisfying both simple and complex requirements
- It has a great user interface which is intuitive and easy to learn
- There is a huge developer community that surrounds WordPress
We are WordPress experts and have considerable experience developing websites and complex online solutions using this platform. Contrary to often popular belief, WordPress is not just a blogging tool or just suitable for simple websites. We have used WordPress as the foundation for some highly complex and innovative websites with a recent project featured by the BBC.
Our web development team take the approach that “anything is possible” and when you couple this with our record of delivering projects on time and to budget then you can be comfortable in our ability to fulfill your requirements. We have experience of developing a wide range of website solutions across a broad spectrum of sectors for organisations of all sizes. Typically our projects will fall into the following categories:
- Ecommerce and product websites
- Websites that integrate with third party systems
- Startup and small business websites
- Portfolio websites
- Bespoke websites
Our approach is highly collaborative with a recognition that you are experts within your field and seeking a website development partner. We see our role as providing best practice advice and sharing the decision making with our clients. Working together in this manner ensures that the very best results are achieved. With us, it’s all about the long term relationship. We believe that by working together, we’ll be able to grow together.
Each website project will have its own individual and often unique requirements, we therefore create your project team accordingly. For example a website project may include strategic specialists, project managers, researchers, developers, designers, technicians, content specialists, copywriters, photographers.
A strong clean design with clear well-considered navigation is essential if your website is to be successful and differentiate you from your competitors. Our expert design team will ensure that your site adheres to the principles of your branding and communicates key brand messaging. Significantly the design will be led by the strategic and functional requirements.
Content strategy should be at the heart of modern website development and at Mackman we embrace this approach. Great content rarely happens by accident and the most engaging content will undoubtedly be planned. Increasingly it is quality of content and levels of engagement that are the key differentiators for e-commerce and digital brand-building activities. Our development team will lead you through a website development process that will be led by your objectives with a content strategy at its core.
WebCare is a package which comes with every website we create and is designed to ensure that you are able to use your site as proactively as possible. Mackman is confident that we offer some of the highest levels of ongoing support for the websites that we build. We will tailor your WebCare to your exact requirements with the entry level of WebCare including;
- Responsive email and telephone support for your website during normal office hours
- Performance monitoring
- Bug fixing where necessary
- A ‘Browser Guarantee’, enabling us to ensure your site continues to render in the currently supported versions of the main browsers (Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome)
- Monthly analytics reporting
- Free hosting on Mackman quality Linux servers running the latest versions of the industry standard Apache web and MySQL database servers (currently providing 99.98% up time)
Other add-ons that customers frequently incorporate to enhance their WebCare include:
- Incremental full website and database back-ups for disaster recovery purposes
- 24/7 performance monitoring – auto website load test every 15 minutes
- Daily Monitoring of your IP address against leading industry recognised spam blacklists
- Regular review meetings (business performance, website performance, analytics, feedback, enhancements and development)
- Content support
- Search Engine Optimisation
- Email marketing
- Seasonal design changes and face-lifting