Mackman has digital marketing specialists who will work with you to develop a strategy and determine how your resources will be best allocated in order to achieve defined objectives. In common with all marketing strategies we will help you to answer the following four key questions of strategic development:
- Where are we now?
- Where do we want to be?
- How do we get there?
- How will we know when we have got there?
Where are we now?
To answer the above question, we have many options available to us when undertaking a situation analysis and our digital marketing specialists will work with you to determine the most appropriate. For instance we might look to customer satisfaction surveys and other customer insights, Google Analytics, competitor research, SWOT analysis, brand perception and so on. Questions that we might seek answers to, may include:
- How have your digital objectives been most successfully achieved in the past?
- What insight do you have about your customer?
- What is their buying behaviour (consumer or business)?
- What does your digital SWOT analysis tell you?
- How is your brand perceived online and why?
- What resources do you have to achieve your objectives and are these enough?
Where do we want to be?
We will agree and set objectives and key performance indicators (KPI’s) within the digital marketing strategy for the outcomes we want to achieve. As part of this process we will consider:
- What your digital objectives are.
- The priority given to customer acquisition, conversion and retention.
- The relationship between your digital objectives and your business objectives?
How do we get there?
Development of a digital marketing strategy relies upon the standard customer segmentation, targeting and positioning process that we employ in all strategic marketing. Typically we consider:
- Particular consumer or business needs for each target audience.
- The most appropriate offer to be made to each market.
- The agreed value proposition to each targeted audience/segment.
- How these integrate within the digital marketing mix.
- The role of your database and how it integrates with or supports the delivery of the digital marketing strategy.
- What your current communication and contact strategies are.
- What digital, direct and other media might we use to most cost effectively deliver your message.
- What part will your website play and whether there any development needs.
- What resources will need to be employed to implement your digital marketing plan.
- What is the budget and timing plan for implementation of the digital marketing strategy?
How will we know when we have got there?
At the beginning of the process of developing a digital marketing strategy we will identify measurements that we will employ to answer the above question. Working together we will agree and implement monitoring, control and evaluation procedures to assess the success of our digital marketing plan. We are likely to use Google Analytics but may well also look to other techniques such as mystery shopper research or a customer satisfaction surveys. Our digital marketing specialists will also work with you to agree to whom the results need to be reported, and the resulting actions.
For more information on our digital marketing strategy service, contact us on 01787 388 038, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.