One of the most significant benefits of online marketing is the ability to measure activity and inform decision making. Google provides one of the markets leading analytical tools in its “Google Analytics”, providing a wealth of information, which to the novice can seem overwhelming. The huge volume of data becomes more valuable when analysed by a specialist who can interpret the information and identify actions designed to improve efficiency. Standard reporting via Google Analytics provides data for your web site on the following (amongst others):
- How many visitors has your site received and are they a returning visitor
- The geographic location of your visitors
- The device that your visitors use to view your site (Desktop Computer/Mobile/Tablet etc)
- How long they spent on your site and which pages did they view
- How they reached your site (Search Engine/Referral from another site/Directly)
- What term they searched for in order to navigate to your site
- How many visits were from new visitors
- Bounce rates
- What is the impact of any off-site marketing activities such as Google Adwords and email campaigns
None of these statistics are of particular value in isolation however, it is the interpretation of this data that our specialists offer. For example you may have significant volumes of traffic to your web site but a low conversion rate. In this instance our specialists using Analytics data will develop a strategy and actions to improve conversion rates.
We will work with you to establish what the goals of your site are and implement specific key performance indicators to measure effectiveness. We would also look to identify under performing areas of your site and those pages which are particularly engaging.
Our preferred approach is to sit down with clients on a regular basis and proactively review website performance by looking at a range of metrics. This approach ensures that a regular programme of enhancements is developed and implemented.
For more information on our analytics, contact us on 01787 388 038, or email email@example.com.